March 12th, 2012
You’re invited to a special evening of classical chamber music being performed live this Saturday evening, March 17th, at “Die Alone,” the home of Luke Bergman and Aaron Otheim in the Roosevelt neighborhood near Cafe Racer. Three T&C artists—Jared Borkowski, Neil Welch and Otheim—as well as several other excellent musicians from the community, will offer selections from the classical repertoire in a living room setting where, last January, nearly seventy people crammed together to attend the previous chamber music house show.
(Photo by Katy Balatero.)
Bring food and drinks, and come hang out at 7:00; the music will begin at 8:00.
- Jared Borkowski - works for solo guitar by Leo Brouwer and Brian Johanssen.
- Neil Welch – “Dedicated to Mulit-Instrurumentalist Jack Gell” for solo saxophone by Anthony Braxton & “Nonaah (Montreal)” for solo saxophone by Roscoe Mitchell.
- Neil Welch & Aaron Otheim – “Prelude, Cadence et Finale” for alto saxophone and piano by Alfred Desenclos
- Anastasia Solomatina – Transcendental Etude, “Chasse-Neige” by Franz Liszt
- Oceana String Quartet - TBA
We’re hoping to make this into a regular event in an effort to present classical music close-up, personal and outside of the concert hall (we may have to stop short of programming symphonies, though if anyone has a big enough basement…). Table & Chairs has also put together a number of “non-venue” shows in the past showcasing the music of label artists. Have a look-see:
Preparing for a house show at the “Jazz Castle” in Maple Leaf. January 2011. (Photo by Evan Woodle.)
Andy Clausen’s Wishbone performing at the “Jazz Mansion” in Mount Baker. July 2011. (Photo by Joel Katzenberger.)
Wishbone performing in the Ravenna Median near Cafe Racer. September 2011.